Antigua Carnival Press Releases
ACB Celebrates 10 Years of Unbroken Commitment to Panorama Competition
As confirmation of its continued commitment to the development of steel band in Antigua and Barbuda, the Antigua Commercial Bank (ACB),
on Monday 24th July, presented its sponsorship cheque to the Antigua Barbuda Festivals Commission (ABFC), for the tenth consecutive year.
Mrs Barbara Hume, General Manager of ACB made the presentation, while Maurice Merchant, ABFC Chairman, accepted on behalf of the Commission.
Minister of Sport, Culture, and National Festivals, Hon. E.P Chet Greene conveyed commendations to the Board of Directors, Management, and Staff of the country’s premier indigenous banking institution for their continued support to the pan cultural art-form, and by extension, Antigua’s Carnival.
The 47th Panorama Competition will showcase nine bands competing for the 2017 Panorama Championship title.
The bands include:
- Original Steel Orchestra;
- Hadeed Group of Companies/AMP West Side Symphony;
- Harmonites Steel Orchestra;
- East Vibes Steel Orchestra;
- Cool & Smooth Ebonites Steel Orchestra;
- West Indies Oil Company Gemonites Steel Orchestra;
- Halcyon Steel Orchestra;
- FLOW Hells Gate Steel Orchestra,
- First-time competitor Panache Steel Orchestra.
The ACB George “Nugget” Joseph Panorama Competition will be staged on Friday 4th August at Carnival City beginning at 8pm.